If you can’t make the flagship or a featured Ecover Blue Mile event, why not organise your own Blue Mile event or personal challenge. Swim, paddle, sail, surf, walk alongside…Tell us how you plan to complete your Blue Mile and raise funds for MCS to protect our seas, shores and wildlife!
Our 9-step guide to organising your own Blue Mile event:
- Think about what your event could include. What facilities do you have near you? Are you going to get everyone to swim a mile in the local pool or sea? Or do you have access to kayaking or other water sports facilities?
- Speak to the venue where you want to hold your event to ask permission and agree a date.
- Register with us and we will put your event on our map.
- Promote your event on Twitter and Facebook using the #ecoverbluemile hashtag
- Start recruiting people to take part. Make sure they know they may need to do some training so they can complete their mile. You can use the poster templates in our fundraising pack to promote your event in the local area.
- Get your participants to create Virgin Money Giving pages so people can sponsor them online. Ask them to forward the link to their friends and family. You can also use The Blue Mile sponsor forms to collect pledges and donations.
- Now you’re ready to hold your event. Make sure that it’s safe, legal and suitable for children (if applicable).
- Thank everyone who has helped on the day and in the run up to the event.
- Share what happened at your event with us and upload any images or video to flickr or Youtube.
Register your Blue Mile event or personal challenge here and we will send you a Ecover Blue Mile fundraising pack with lots of useful information and materials to help you get started.